New user help for Telluride Neuromorphic Workshop 2011
Otherwise you will not be able to access parts of the workshop wiki.
Changes to INE accounts take up to 15 minutes to propagate back to this wiki.
Enter your full name, your correct email, and a good URL, since these will appear in the workshop wiki and will be linked back to you.
(Don't worry, the email will not appear unless the person is logged in.)
After your registration with INE propagates back to the neuromorphs.net wiki, you should be able to login to the wiki.
- Log in to this page with your ine-web account - (Login link at top-right)
- Subscribe to the participants list on: wiki:2011/MailingLists#participants11 - or you won't receive any further workshop announcements!!
- Check here for travel information, including important airport, shuttle, and ride sharing information.
- Check your housing assignment to make sure you have a place to sleep.
- Subscribe to topics and work groups that interest you or in which you are involved (login required).
If you are an Invitee who was invited by one of the topic areas or directors:
- subscribe to your topic area in wiki:2011/Workgroups.
- check wiki:2011/WorkshopSchedule to see your presentation slots.
- As an invitee, you are responsible for proposing and guiding projects at the workshop. Please discuss with your topic leaders.
If you are Tutorial/practical work group leader:
- check your practical tutorial description on wiki:2011/Workgroups and your tutorial description itself, e.g. wiki:2011/usb10? .
For topic leaders
- we want to get projects going quickly.
- we want the morning sessions to be discussions centered around a 'problem of the day'.
- we want each topic area to present a tutorial in the first 5 days during an afternoon session.
- we hope to manage the controlled chaos at the start in a graceful manner.
- we hope to minimize passive listening and maximize learning by doing and discussing.
Arranging schedule (topic leaders)
- Read the guidelines for presentations and emphasize them to your presenters.
- Send activities for your slots directly to Tobi Delbruck and he will enter them. For now please do not edit the schedule directly.
- Edit your topic area page. We have populated the pages as much as we could from the planning docs, the invitee lists (we took the housing list as authoritative on who was actually coming), and our guesses about your plans.
We also left on wiki:2011/Workgroups some of the planned tutorial/practical work groups.
- See wiki:2011/EveryBody? for contacts.
- For help editing the wiki see WikiFormatting and TracWiki.
- If you get a warning trying to access the wiki in secure mode (https), in firefox you can allow the exception by following these steps, as illustrated in the screen shot below:
- Select "I understand the risks"
- Select "Add Exception"
- Select "Confirm security exception"